Friday, June 11, 2010

Shooting :D

Training matters:

Don't get ahead of yourself. Focus only on the 3 basic things: Body stability, proper placement of the elbow and maintaining the same amount of strength when triggering

That's all that matters for now since I haven't gotten my own suit yet.

A SUIT! That's more or less all that I'm looking forward to right now. After wearing some random jacket which belongs to RI for the last 2 trainings, I've come to realize how crucial the suit is to rifle shooting. It wouldn't be an exaggeration at all to say that my stability has increased at least twofold after wearing the jacket, and that's not even a jacket which really suits me :D I can't wait.

So yeah, I may be getting ahead of myself but I'd really like to start focusing on the 细节 of rifle shooting right now, instead of being constantly dragged back to the "3 big ideas" which coach has me doing at the moment. I want to improve, I want to shoot better, I want to make each shot perfect. Please, please don't make me wait much longer.

I am impatient. But after much advice from coach, daniel and yulin too, I've managed to reign in this impatience. I'm giving training my all, I'm abiding by what coach wants me to do faithfully. As yulin once told me: Train like you did in Sec 1. I really took that to heart; so now I'm just training hard, training wholeheartedly, with the purpose of laying down a solid foundation ever at the forefront of my mind. It doesn't matter what the circumstances are; I'll stick to it, do it right, and I won't let myself down.

Lastly, it's fun. It's actually fun. When I was shooting my pistol, I never imagined that I could love shooting and training with my rifle this much. But I do. I really do. The feeling of "control" over every shot. The feeling of trying to carry each shot out perfectly to the best of my ability. The awareness of my body, the gun and my thoughts. The sensation of pulling the trigger as those little circles overlap. It's awesome. Yeah, I know I may sound like a nutter, but I do love shooting, and now, I'm not afraid to say it. I LOVE SHOOTING :D:D:D

So even if what someone says is true, that it's just self-indulgence, that there are more important things to work on, I'm never gonna give it up. I'm gonna indulge all I want, cause I love it THAT much. All the pain that I've experienced over these 4 1/2 years as a result of it, the fact that Mengshi was probably right when she said it's all meaningless, that nothing will come out of it don't matter to me at all. Cause I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment