Messed up econs, got my retainers. Hopefully I won't be retained next year (sorry for the bad pun, my heart's just not in it atm) I speak weird now; can't really form some words properly since my tongue keeps hitting that plastic piece. Maybe I'll call it a lisp.
I was suddenly reminded of what my form teacher wrote on my PSLE cert ages ago to encourage me: 一份耕耘, 一份收获
Pretty simple principle, no? But it's pretty much the reason why I'm where I am today. And not in the good sense. I've known since way back then the value of hard work, but due to laziness and perhaps misdirection, I chose not to do it and it resulted in what I have now. Not that I'm completely dissatisfied with myself, but in retrospect, looking at all the wasted opportunities makes me want to give myself a big kick in the behind. Luckily that's physically impossible (im saved...) Jokes aside, here's my official resolve to put in the work, to hopefully, minimize any regrets I may have in the future. I'll do it.
So many things bottled up inside, and I realize once again that I'll have to resolve them myself. It's not a depressing feeling, just one of resignation. I have friends, and I have fun being with them, but these just aren't things I can share. This is probably nothing new to many people, but I don't really care about that fact, so there.
Chem tomorrow. Hope it goes fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment