Saturday, June 12, 2010

I reject.

As I walk alone, I like to imagine this sphere of isolation around myself. It feels so tangible, it seems like it would keep everyone and everything out of it. In it, at least for that transient moment in which it exists, I reject the world, reject my surroundings, and just be me, myself, unburdened by anything at all. This feeling is simultaneously an empowering one and a lonely one.

I guess it could be seen as a pretty selfish thing, but hopefully everyone can see the allure of it, of blocking out the world and just be-ing. Sometimes I wonder if its this allure that draws me to shooting, and that nagging suspicion has gotten ever so much stronger after my switch to rifle. Staring down that "tunnel" which excludes everything else around me; focusing my mind on a few simple points to the extent that all other matters are excluded, the parallels between shooting and this "sphere of isolation" of mine are immediately obvious.

Aside, "If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world" Oddly appropriate? Or maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment