Nothing is final, nothing is definitive, nothing holds true in all cases. Change is the only constant
I was thinking. Idly. And wondering just what is it that I want, and just what kind of person I am. And where has all this introspection gotten me? Absolutely nowhere. Now I realize that perhaps my aim was mistaken. What I was looking for was a single sentence; at most a paragraph, which would neatly encompass everything. I never once stopped to consider the sheer impossibility of that. Thinking about it, though it's kinda embarrassing to admit it, I might kinda have been influenced subtly by the manga I've been reading. No matter how complex the personalities of the characters are, there's more or less this ideology or something central to their actions and motivations. Though I know enough to separate fiction from reality, this perhaps influenced me into thinking that it was necessary to have something as definitive as that as a moral compass of sorts. Being unable to articulate it made me feel lost, and confused about everything
So. Realizing the improbability of coming up with such a statement, and realizing that even if I were able to say something like that, it'd probably not be representative of the whole picture, not to mention the fact that it would be completely useless to do so, I've decided to cease the search. Everything is always in a state of flux. Therefore, I see no reason or logic to further attempts to hold myself to such statements which I've made to myself at the cost of much "suffering".
Well, all that aside, today was pretty fine. I'm confident I did ok for Chem, though the paper was more challenging than I had expected. Perfectly manageable on all counts though.(Hopefully my marks won't show otherwise hehehe) Woah, we're 2/5 through the CTs already. It flies by so fast such that it makes all the worry about it seem silly. I'm still gonna do my best for the remaining 3 though.
No comments:
Post a Comment