Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'm shooting in a comp tomorrow. I'll probably be miserable after it, based on how training went today, but that's something I'll leave till then. Rifle will be fun I guess. I admit that I'm secretly hoping to 一鸣惊人 with my rifle results tomorrow but that's just me being foolish. I just want to go through it without heartbreak. Not being too fatigued to take on pistol would be an added bonus; especially given the shitty condition my arm's been in lately. The muscles are all messed up, out of synch and I think my triggering has taken a turn for the worse. Not too optimistic bout my performance...

I randomly started thinking about thinking, and how everyone does it. I know it sounds kind of ridiculous when I put it like that, but at least for myself, it's very easy to get caught up in one's own arrogance and self-righteousness, and forget that the thoughts that occur within this little fishbowl that's my head aren't really all that unique. That they're shared by so many others, that others aren't just soporific vessels, mushrooms or whatever. Something's going on behind that pair of eyes; I just don't know what. On a tangent, it's like I kinda assumed that nothing would change if I stood still. And that's what "they" always say, isn't it? And that's the furthest thing possible from the truth. Not even a cog in the machine, maybe even outside it.

After all that monologue, what's the point? Nothing at all =) Thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment