Monday, January 2, 2012

I return to you from an hours-long journey of trawling through the recesses of this blog's archives to recapture and relive; if you will, my experience last year (first time I've referred to 2011 as last year haha). And I've realized a couple of things; so indulge me here.

Firstly, that my writing generally wasn't bad at all! I realize it's more than a little presumptuous to outright say that, especially about my own "work" (in the loosest sense of the word) but I don't really re-read anything that I write that much (which may explain my poor GP performance) and reading something right after you've written it doesn't give you the most objective of viewpoints, now does it? Reading the posts from months back, I'm able to appreciate them more (HAHA) especially when I find myself able to (to a certain extent) reinsert myself into the mindset I had when I first constructed it, or find myself subconsciously nodding along as I read the arguments I'd put together; able to follow them relatively easily even though I may have changed my mind since then. The quality seems to have gradually declined till present though..

It was also cool to see a process, basically; and realize that there are certain things which I've moved past by now, challenges I managed to overcome last year, and worries assuaged; which plagued me to no end in the past as well! I, at least, can sense a clear progression, and on occasion, regression, which is particularly intriguing.

That makes blogging worth it I guess, besides being an outlet for venting frustrations and just putting down random thoughts to be appreciated in the future.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan's looks like it's going to be pretty busy (and in a good way too!). Have a couple of outings with friends, the upcoming class chalet; I've been asked to help out with coaching at Safra Yishun every Friday evening (for decent pay), there's one more round of house visits, the recycling and grocery distribution phases of Yifan's (Zhang) CIP, and of course, lots - and I mean LOTS - of packing and clearing up and throwing away of stuff to be done at home before the move towards the end of Jan. Not forgetting having to drag myself to run alot more than I have been atm in preparation for NS on the 31st. Busy busy busy. I've also got that little thing to finish up. Shouldn't drag it out for too long haha.

But currently at least; I wouldn't have it any other way. Heh I should probably try to catch some sleep now ><

No comments:

Post a Comment