Friday, January 27, 2012

Had another phail episode but I shan't post it here :P It's become something of a running gag in my family, though, that's for sure.

Somehow I feel I believe most in the feelings that you find present in yourself after a good few hours of sleep. They seem the most genuine to me haha. There's barely any time for the machinations of the conscious mind to take hold; and they're the products of hours of the subconscious' processing. The mind is fresh, alert and uninhibited. Recently I've started trusting them enough to act on them; at least in that wondrous window of minutes before reality really starts to sink in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We passed by some secondhand book sale earlier on. I was kinda reminded of the voracity with which I would dig into books just a few years back. Can't help feeling a little sad that I haven't done that in a long time now; though I think it may partially be cause I've outgrown the genre. (I used to be a huge fantasy buff; loved - and still love - Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time epic series, David Eddings, Terry Brooks, Terry Pratchett; who's got to be my favorite for his satirical take of the genre and so many others) It's a pity though that after so long the plots have blessed together for me; and their respective intricacies are now lost to me; and I really don't have the luxury of going through them once again! Must be almost a hundred (or more) to go through; which I just don't have the time for.. Perhaps that's what retirement's for; though I things go as I think they will, I don't think I'll be retiring anytime in the forseeable future; if at all!

The Descendant seemed pretty flat to me; though perhaps I'm being too reductionistic in critiquing it *shrugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment