Sunday, October 2, 2011

Is it time to say that I really liked that TVB drama "No Regrets"? XD

Heh, just being random here.

Was thinking a little about the idea of "place" earlier. You know that people are having difficulties, kinda empathize and want to help out. But sometimes; it's just not your place to do so. Yeap, not much else to say about that; just an intense feeling that I experience sometimes. I can't be the kind of person (and I know a few) who can operate in disregard of all these kinds of things and just do whatever they feel like doing. Find myself limited in so many ways; find my thoughts getting in the way so often, there's a tendency to over-complicate things. Can't help it though.

Watched Green Lantern last night/this morning with my father (source unrevealed :D). Pretty standard fare; brings me back to those English lessons in Pri Sch or at Morris Allen, (don't remember which) regarding storycraft: So you have a new sheriff in town (that's the example I was taught with), he settles in, a bandit raid on town is hinted at; he defeats them during the climax, everything winds down, story ends. To add a little spice - and allow for a sequel :D - maybe at the end, you have the sheriff looking out into the desert, and over the horizon, a dust cloud rises...dun dun dun DUNNN. One of the only things we learnt all those years back which has retained its relevance even till now xD

One of the lines I liked was something about fearlessness vs admitting that you have fear and facing it. (Fear being a pretty impt issue since it was about the green light of "Will" versus the yellow light of "Fear", with Fear "eroding Will and making their constructs weak") Shall not proceed to over-analyze this line as I usually do; and instead, state this little opinion of mine that in a similar fashion, Good is not the lack of evil; but rather recognizing the evil within us and overcoming it ourselves instead. Maybe I have a bias; cause I find myself to be chock-full of evil; and it's always been a constant struggle to not let myself be ruled by it. I prefer to think of it as the human condition, btw; not sure whether any of you would disagree with me. And I'd like to think that I'm not utterly bad xP (Note that I'm choosing to clearly delineate between good and evil to make this easy; a huge grey area exists in between, of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment