Committed so many should-not-have's today but it's settled; I guess I've settled.
They say that the eyes are the windows to the soul. Pretty weird; cause when you think about it, the eyes are merely these roundish orbs embedded in our heads; and when taken *ahem* out of context, they pretty much look the same on a superficial level. So why the prevalence of expressions such as "look me in the eyes", "I can see it in your eyes" and their ilk? Interestingly enough (and I read this in a book on body language) for us Bio students; the pupil doesn't only dilate and constrict in response to changes in light intensity. In fact; there seems to be a correlation between the extent to which the pupil is dilated and the level of interest and engagement that individual has with the thing at hand. And when shown a series of pictures of eyes (only the eye; mind you) with varying degrees of pupil dilation; the subjects surveyed consistently found those with wider pupil diameters as instantly more "trustworthy and likable". So 'pparently, we're all awesome enough to notice such minute details such as the size of someone's freaking pupils and process certain implications on a subconscious level. It's near-instantaneous; this understanding that arises from the briefest crossing of gazes. Awkward... xD
As I walked home today; I felt within me a "snowball" of sorts, rolling, gaining in size, increasing in speed. Don't really know what form the end product will take myself; but you know what? Somehow I don't feel like being bound by convention, rules, or what others think of me. An outrageous yet exhilarating feeling. Haha; all sorts of thoughts were zipping through my head; faster and ever, like I'd just miraculously recovered from a yearlong concussion. Provoked in no small part by stuff that that guy mentioned when talking about the Commonapp essays. Semi-interesting story there; I decided to go on a whim; wanted to see how the essays were supposed to be written even though I'm not even going to be submitting an application there; but I wasn't disappointed! Those essays seem like they'd be really fun to write lol; I kinda suspect it wouldn't be too far off from some of my better posts, so I'll try my hand at one over the weekend if I can make some time for it. I've got an idea already!
Haha; basking in that aura of invincibility that overwhelms me during my "moments" feels really refreshing. Trains of thought come and go faster than the most kanchiong of passengers can board or alight; lines criss-crossing, intersecting and even colliding to give birth to a network that would induce nightmarish fits in even the most hardened of commuters. The world is sharp, perfect, in focus and I've got everything perfectly sorted out; it's perfectly clear and I'm invulnerable, indefatigable, indomitable, irresistable, and so, so, exceedingly insufferable, I realize xP It feels absolutely awesome, is what I'm getting at. Then the light fades; and the brilliance pales. The moment ends. And I'm left feeling a little confused; unable to grasp exactly what it is that I've lost. And horribly insecure; that of course.
Okay, that's enough WTF-is-he-smoking inducing for today. So I shall just leave you with some quotable awesome from the obligatory wise old woman in the awesome Brilliant Legacy:
"The destiny between people is not only determined by blood; but also by our hearts."
"Sympathy is common; in fact you could say that all humans are able to empathize with and pity those who they see are suffering. Compassion is so much rarer; it's what makes you stop to lend a hand."
N.B. A little awkwardly paraphrased, I guess; and the meaning has been sadly twice-diluted. They sounded so much better in Chinese. Now just imagine how awesome they must have been in Korean..
No comments:
Post a Comment