Saturday, December 25, 2010

Lemonade


Merry Christmas everyone! Haha my crazy sister got it in her head to make these "Christmas peanuts" from some similar thing with walnuts in this show, so she took some peanut shells, stuffed some random message inside and super-glued the halves together again >.<

Boxing Day (Fail knowledge of holiday nomenclature..) Christmas Eve was pretty ok. Went with Clarissa to deliver some Christmas gifts to our interviewee at Dairy Farm Road. She was really quite late, so luckily I'm very good at amusing myself: I took a walk down Dairy Farm Quarry and saw some animals, a few of which I even recognized! A pair of cute baby long-tailed macaques, a lesser racket-tailed drongo, assorted moths and butterflies and what I think was a variable squirrel which ran right across the trail in front of me. I really enjoyed myself, and found it very peaceful. Something about the coolness of the air, and the natural sounds surrounding me XD.
The only problem was that even after taking my time with the trail, I still finished before she reached...so I stoned on a stone for quite some time.

Talking to Mr Leong was interesting, since you can tell he's really passionate about nature and wanting to preserve it in Singapore. He's very nice too, and gave us a copy of NSS's publication:
Singapore Waters - Unveiling Our Seas, which has a lot of interesting information about our marine biodiversity.

A little disappointing when things don't turn out quite as expected, especially when you so looked forward to it, but that's life I guess haha.

I put a little more effort into organizing the class gathering. I should think I've managed to message the whole class, and most of them have responded already. The turnout rate looks like it's going to be quite good!

Dinner with my family was enjoyable.

That's it! Merry Christmas to all, and really; I feel that so long as we set our minds to something, anything, we'll manage it, somehow. That's what I'm feeling now.

No comments:

Post a Comment