It's been a little more than 3 days since I got back from Hangzhou and I realize, to my surprise that I've already trained thrice; four times counting that pistol dry firing on Monday.
The trip gave me the much needed momentum to start training, and I have this feeling that this momentum will serve to bring me a long, long way.
Training is awesome. It's calming, as you stand there at your lane, trying to recollect the feeling of the previous shot, and replicate it again. It trains my focus. And most importantly; it's something to do. It disrupts the tedium of holiday life, a life likely spent at home unless I make the effort to go do something meaningful.
I've been getting weird stares, as I draw out first my pistol, then after I'm done, my rifle, for the next detail of training. I'll endeavor to do both; and do well. However, there's always this lingering fear that I'll burn out too fast if I continue at this pace: 2 trainings a day; 1 pistol and 1 rifle. On the bright side; the self-taxation brought about by mental fatigue should technically help me to push my limits further. Time will tell.
On the airplane at night; I look out the window, and trace the constellations visible at a little higher than eye-level. The faint shimmering lines my mind draws between individual stars leads me on to the next star, and the next after that.
Another airplane flies past in the opposite direction; nothing more than a mere blinking light in the starry sky. Blinking in tandem to the lights on my plane's wings. An unlikely coincidence, I'd venture.
Such moments in time; beautiful to the beholder. If only such means existed; such that these moments could be captured perfectly; in their entirety; for this beauty viewed to be shared, as one sees it. Perhaps, if such means existed; the multitude misunderstandings between people could be abolished, conflicts resolved. Cameras; no matter how strong, just don't quite cut it.
No comments:
Post a Comment