Monday, December 20, 2010

It's been an amazing weekend.

We had this class outing to ECP yesterday where we rented some bikes and just cycled down the connector to Changi. It was my first time cycling in years; and my first time cycling any significant distance, so it was really enjoyable. Cycling down this long straight road; just pushing at the pedals and feeling yourself move forwards, and the cool wind blowing into your face; is as Amos so aptly put it: just shiok. Cycling with friends was really fun, but to be really honest; I wouldn't mind cycling myself, the shiok feeling doesn't really diminish when alone. The upside is that going with friends really gives me the motivation to go all the way down to ECP; I wouldn't go halfway across Singapore to cycle otherwise XD.

Currently an idea that seems particularly alluring to me is going fishing with a friend or two. Overnight, if possible. Well as Amos was saying, who the friend is really matters as well. Has to be someone you can either talk to all night, or whose company you enjoy without the need to say anything. Mmm.

The chorale concert after that wasn't too bad as well, though some of the songs, especially those in foreign languages got a little boring at times. Jack and myself found the skit put up by P.U.N.C.H to be extremely interesting, thanks to all the lameness injected of course. I'm evidently Yifan's strongest supporter, since noone else was particularly willing to shout out his name as encouragement...made me feel so extra.

We had supper afterwards, then went home.

As a new week starts once more, I get the feeling that the short reprieve has ended; that I'll have to start putting in some work once again, since in comparison to my ever-so-diligent friends, I've done practically nothing at all.

Plans are underway for a class Christmas X New Year celebration, tentatively on 2nd Jan. Probably a barbecue at someone's condo. I'll get around to emailing the e-group sometime, but if by some obscure chance anyone happens to see this, lemme know whether you're available. We need to have more stuff before JC gets started full-swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment