After spending the past 4 hours or so catching up on my back-logged manga, I'm now gonna post about my trip.
In one line: It was one of opportunities; many of which I took up, some of which I missed out upon.
Training my shooting there; under 陈教练 really gave me a new perspective on shooting; and I'm further motivated to put even more into it. Seeing the way they train in China really let me learn how inadequate my trainings up till now have been. I've learnt that it's not just about the training hours, it's also about the quality of the training. Even beyond that, I actually got to experience it for myself, which is a whole different ballgame. 陈教练's insights really helped me with the difficulties I've had with my shooting. While these problems haven't been entirely solved, I now feel equipped to deal with them. I'm confident that I'll be able to do well and further improve in future trainings.
Since most of us who went were from the RI shooting team, I got the chance to interact a lot more with my juniors, and in a different capacity than when I was a Sec 4 senior. It's comforting to see how they have come into their own (without much thanks to us seniors I must add). Their distinctly boys-only school brand of retardedness was relaxing in a way, and pretty darn awesome.
It's been a pretty cool trip, got to try out the small-bore rifle as well as archery. Talking to some of the shooters there was an educational experience as well; and not only about shooting mmm. I've picked up some magic tricks; can't wait to try them out.
There's been a lot of food for thought, which I shall take my time to digest. Perhaps I'll share some of the end products later.
Now, for a few hours of sleep before my psing meeting. Hope I can make it for that class outing as well~
*As you approach Singapore city, the lights of the many buildings sparkle; illuminate the night sky, as if to welcome you home; after a long, long journey. Singapore's beautiful; it's home. And I was thinking: I know how Odysseus must've felt, as he was swept away from Ithaca; within sight of shore*
No comments:
Post a Comment