Procrastination gets you - or me, actually - into some pretty unsavory positions.
Well, I won't use that as a backdoor for retreat any longer. It's no longer about whether I have a chance or not; it's a matter of principle. I'm getting sick of how epic I am at simply just throwing away opportunities which have practically fallen into my lap. Can't get into the mindset of taking them for granted.
Scary thing is that I'd probably have done it again this time round (and I may still have let it slip; it still remains to be seen) were it not for a friend of mine, and sudden last minute desperation.
I've got some little projects to be completed as well; I should probably take them out of that "Personal Failures" folder I've got on my desktop.
Think positive!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note, was helping a friend look through her personal statement the other day; really quite impressive.
Kinda got me into a different kind of mindset. In JC, we're looking at finding the correct answer; or more precisely the response that is A-worthy (thanks Mr Tang) but outside it's more about personal voice, and all the stylistic decisions that act as a differentiating factor. And it's really hard to say, "I think you should do it this way instead", cause it's all a matter of what you're trying to convey; to emphasize upon. Given that, I guess I shouldn't feel so insecure about my own take on things. Other people will do things their way; but it's because I do things my way that makes me unique, right?
Haha I think I'm losing coherence; as can be seen by how the previous para has less point than this sentence alone, which I shall end without a period, thank you very much
Isn't the first pointless thing I've done, and it definitely won't be the last.
I shall go to bed now.
No comments:
Post a Comment