Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Just because someone is being more vocal about their own issues doesn't necessarily mean that theirs are more severe than someone else who decides to keep mum about it.

It's really hard to keep an objective view and not be swayed in the face of such emotion. It seems like a balancing act: To not disregard and discount an individual's personal suffering while rationally weighing it against other cases in an objective manner.

I've still got much to learn, and more people to meet. My current world has been so, so, small.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something, though:

When you extend the hand of hope; it's only courteous to keep it extended, and follow through all the way. I, for one, can understand how much it hurts to be given a glimpse of a glimmer of hope only to have it vanish once again. So much more cruel than having done nothing at all.

I could really empathize with the chastising tone, and the evident disillusionment.

Don't make promises that you can't keep. As for me, I endeavor to keep to all the promises I make.

See the difference? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment