I read too much into things, perhaps. But when I get so little to work with; how can I not?
Haha anyway, Merry Christmas, to whoever reads this blog; and who I haven't wished already. And as early Christmas morns go; this one hasn't been too bad - though I've been sitting alone in front of my computer monitor, I've had company through the wonders of the internet.
I won't dwell too much on the Christmas Spirit (the spirit of giving, maybe? but hasn't it become a marketing ploy? so, the Spirit of Capitalism?) but whatever it is, I feel it in much diminished proportions this year. This year, there's this air of tiredness permeating the entire affair. Much has happened the past few months, my parents having to cope with my sister's Sec school admission stuff; appeals and all, most recently, following certain problems which have thankfully started to stabilize, and with the whole business of moving house. The annual Christmas dinner seems to have been annulled too. To me, a non-religious guy; Christmas has always been about getting together as one big family - we don't have to do anything in particular mind you - and it doesn't seem like it's gonna happen this time. The gift-giving/receiving has always been secondary - or even tertiary (or quaternary!) - to that. I'd be delighted to be surprised though!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Something which I find to be a good thought-exercise is "Why? Spammage". The inner convo goes as follows:
Me: So, you want XXX?
Me: Yup!
Me: Why?!
Me: Um..because ABC?
Me: Why do you want ABC?
Me: Uh...DEF...
Me: Why?
And it goes on. Haha and I tend to get battered down very often, though sometimes I go "F*** it!" to myself and my whys and go ahead anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment