Sunday, December 11, 2011

Joy. Though there were some freaking nail-biting moments in there. Do it by a more comfortable margin next time, won't you?


Felt pretty old after going down to Safra on Thursday, same feeling I get whenever I go back to Yishun, actually. 6 years doing shooting, going down to Yishun...blah blah I don't really feel like going over the whole thing again. On to the exciting stuff!

I somehow managed to blunder my way into a job with my coach's company; pretty much a once-off thing unless they need me again; to coach Pri 4-6 kids in shooting. Pretty cool right? Haha and being paid $10 per hour isn't that bad either; for doing something that I'd be willing to do FOC otherwise. But it's a sign of how things have changed in the shooting arena. Last time, you'd just tryout in Sec 1, and work on it from there. But now, with shooting becoming a more established sport, you have kiasu parents sending their kids for shooting courses; in the hope of landing them a chance to DSA into certain schools. And now comes the advent of the Sec 2 rifler hitting 590/600, and another Sec 1 being able to reach 580, as my coach proudly pointed out to me. Exciting times, and a little scary, too.

There's little to no room for underachievers such as myself; at least competitively speaking. And I can't help but to admit feeling some measure of sympathy for all those little kids, especially those really tiny ones, who so stoically attempt to raise and stabilize the rifles. Quite cool coaching them, though, especially the way they follow instructions unquestioningly xP

Quite a heartfelt farewell to Shaofei. Think I was getting pretty emotional towards the end, a little embarrassing but wtv. My problem I guess is that I have a tendency to see things as simply black and white when I lose my head over something; things won't be that bad, obviously, and we'll still see each other again, so look up, yeah?

Spent the bulk of yesterday at a lighting shop of all places. My parents; or I guess my family as a whole is freaking indecisive, so we ended up spending 3 hours there, being freaking ambivalent about all the different lighting options. Ceiling? Pendant? Warm white/Cool white? LED/Halogen? Round/Rectangular? Sheesh. Halfway through I just found myself sitting on a sofa there, flipping through some magazine on landscaping before just falling asleep. Went to another shop after that; which was much more interesting (all in the presentation, I guess), had these freaking beautiful Swarovski crystal lights, where an LED shines through the crystal, which is cut so that it reflects the light until it forms this uniformly awesome pattern on the wall. Haha, I may just want to indulge in that sort of nonsense if/when I get a house next time.

Could have gotten grievously injured today when my mum decided to move the car while I had just opened the door and was getting out; but I escaped unscathed, luckily enough. Was pretty much stunned when it happened, can kind of feel a very tangible feeling of something bushing right past me.

Phew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment