Sunday, July 18, 2010


Yup, stitches. In what has got to be the most epicly fail moment in this short period of time on this planet, my shower door shattered, showering my mum, my brother and myself in a cascade of a thousand glittering shards of death. 
Here's the story:
My bro was bathing when the door fell out, so he called us up to go help him with it. So we did. Turns out it was broken, so in a perhaps misguided bid to fix it, my mum got us to help to hold it up as she tried to put it together. As things would have it, the door is evidently not shatter-proof, nor does it seem like it can withstand a little flexing, cause as we were holding it, without much ado, it promptly shattered. Just like that, I swear. I was looking right at it when it happened. The sides just seemed to cave in as it imploded, the whole surface shattering and hanging there in the air for a moment before crashing down in this magnificent cascade of glittering shards. A waterfall of glass that just brushed past me. I didn't even feel any pain, actually. It was too fast for that. We were just absolutely shocked. Then I saw the blood dripping from my brother's arm. Drip drip drip. Dripping onto the glass bits on the floor, staining them this bloody red colour. It looked just like blood red rubies laying on the toilet floor. That was what struck me the most about that moment, actually. The slow dripping of his blood onto the glass.

Well, after much trouble and panicking on the part of my mother, we finally managed to extricate ourselves from that mess - not easy, believe me - and navigated our way through that minefield of glass laying on the floor. Turns out it was so forceful that pieces even flew across the master bedroom OTL On hindsight, we were really quite lucky we didn't sustain worse injuries, only some minor cuts and one that needed the stitches in the video above.

Now, onto the stitches. I actually told my father: "No way you're coming near me with a needle" but eventually succumbed. It's not bad, since they do do it under local anesthesia and it was administered sub-subcutaneously, thus there wasn't much sensation from the needle being inserted. What did hurt was my skin swelling up as the anesthesia accumulated under it. After that, there was this strange loss of sensation in my left arm, as the anesthesia took effect. I was oddly detached from my arm, and actually stared at my arm as the needle was poked through it, and it hooked the other side of the wound and came out again. Strangely fascinating and alluring. All I could feel was this feeling of something going through my skin, nothing else besides that. It's my first time getting stitches, not to mention in a spot I could stare at so easily, so I guess you can forgive my "obsession"

Yup, that's it.

As for training today, we shot 体会 after dry firing for awhile, and it was pretty crappy since I just couldn't get my 指向 just right, due to the angle of the gun and so on. But despite that, I still manage to do the whole relaxation upon the moment  I 扣扳机  which is probably why I can shoot decently right now. After the 体会, we moved on to 单发, the first time I've done that for rifle. I shot out a 92, which isn't that good IMO, but not too bad a starting point to work from. Well, hopefully my stitches don't impede my training and I can do even better next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment