Dare I say it? ok, I do. This first day of Term 3's been pretty darn good.
"Fitness Management" isn't bad at all as of now. 10 mins on the elliptical machine, abs and arm exercises on a gym ball topped off with reps on a weights machine. Apparently, I can pull 150 kg at max. I have no idea whether I was doing it the right way or not, but still, pretty surprising no? I <3 the elliptical machine; it's so much more comfortable to use than a treadmill especially since there isn't as much impact on your knees, which is a concern with me.
PW seems to be moving now, and our survey and interview questions have been approved! We're gonna try to churn out Chap 1 this week, and get the surveys done next week I guess. Drawing "inspiration" from last year's reports seems to be a pretty good idea now.
Our Civics elective is...*cue trumpets* Interview Skillz *cue dissonance as trumpets crash upon the floor* It's a bunch of contrived *beep* that is sadly enough, applicable in "the real world" Our whole elective involved dictation by the facil as we filled in the blanks. Hopefully, it'll get more interesting down the road (I highly doubt it though)
Weiqi was...fun. The problems I've attempted to solve have been pretty formulaic and thus not too challenging. The only pity is that since I'm always late for it cause of Chinese, almost everyone is involved in their games already and I rarely get the opportunity to play a game. Working on the theory aspect is pretty fun in and of itself, but without playing many full games, there are some gaps in my comprehension of the game and I don't have much experience with game situations. Dunno how I can rectify this but it's k =)
I also feel I'm getting abit closer to our members. Since I joined late, it's been slightly awkward for me all along but that initial awkwardness is starting to disappear, which is a good sign! I think I'll be able to enjoy being in it, though it's a different kind of fun XD
I really think I'm starting to get this "socialising" thing. And I'm going to sound like a loser when I say this but I don't really care now. Just meet people, talk, have fun, say hi when you run into them around school and yeah...don't expect anything meaningful to come out of it, but if it does, hey, it's an added bonus. Rejoice! I'm not too sure how "right" I am about this, so I'm still looking at it, but that's what I have for now.
One thing that bugs me about this is: Looking at it that way, What's sacred? What's special? What is it that makes the bond between certain people unique in such a "superficial" seeming form of interaction? I'm confused. Or perhaps, the answer is simply: Nothing. But that's one answer I will NEVER accept.
P.S. just heard from yiling that the delivery of the suits are postponed to August. I cannot articulate my disappointment, nor would it be seemingly of myself to put down the dark thoughts that entered my head when ruminating upon it. just saying. Looks like I'll have to re-adjust my mindset once again, quite severely, I may add, in order to accommodate training with a half-suit once again. I can only hope that when the suits finally come and I'm able to get up to standard, the difference brought about by the handicap of not having a full suit while the others do will not be so glaringly obvious that I am severely disadvantaged in terms of getting a gun.
No comments:
Post a Comment