Thursday, July 21, 2011

My eyes are open

Came home after a pretty fulfilling day - not too unproductive, too! (Y) - to plonk myself down on the floor and just fall asleep. Can't believe I slept so long, lol. But when I came downstairs after waking up (at 12, no less!), showering and whatnot, intent on doing up those pesky RD reflections, first thing I see is my sister sitting at the table, cradling her head in her hands, staring cluelessly at her math. Haix apparently she was going to just fill in rubbish if I hadn't just happened to come down to help her.

On a more positive note:

Thanks Soon Hong for inadvertently making my (yester)day XD

Quick personality test (since those seem all the rage atm) :

Think of 3 animals, 3 favourite animals or whatever. Just the first 3 to come to your head.

[Analysis...after a short intermission]





So freaking cute
Haha yeah. So anyway, the first animal's what people see you as, the second's what you see yourself as, and the third's what you really are, apparently.

Interesting; if pointless little test. My answer was Rhino, Hippo, Lion in case you're interested. Was just thinking of African animals, but somehow the first two seem like they kind of fit. Not so sure about that last one, though...

I think I have said this before, but I'm still infinitely thankful for the fact that no matter how emo, cut-off or distant I feel, I still haven't lost the heart and am not so jaded that I'm unable to appreciate the goodness around me. I'm still touched by those acts of kindness (small or otherwise) which my friends do for me.

And yet at the same time, I realize that this world isn't kind to the soft and pure of heart (I'm not speaking of myself, btw. I've been indelibly and irrevocably tainted, that I know). Open yourself too much, allow yourself to feel too deeply, be too sensitive, and you're bound to be hurt sooner or later. Besides that, there's a kind of corrupting effect, where the world simply presses in from all sides, battering and weakening even the strongest of resolves. Most harden themselves, in one way or another, to stand up to this pressure. But it's the rare few who don't, who allow themselves to remain vulnerable, who feel everything so intensely, pain and joy, who will never hesitate to do what they feel is the right thing, defend a friend from another's constant jibes instead of merely laughing along; those rare few are those I find truly special, and simply knowing someone like that, and having him as a friend already makes me feel a little more proud of myself.

Already, the wind blows, shifting patterns in the sand.
My eyes open, I'm seeing clearly, once again.
But some sand's gotten into these open eyes,
So forgive me if I tear, just a little, no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment