Had this creepy encounter while I was taking the MRT home today that really freaked me out. Coming back from Tian Yuan's exhibition, I was so tired that I just slept and overshot my station to end up at Yew Tee. Not that big a deal, I just went over to the opposite platform, boarded the train, took out my phone and started playing Henhouse. I was pretty engrossed in the game, had just beat Merv's timing (HA TAKE THAT!) and was starting another round when this heavily accented voice thundered at me, disrupting my concentration.
"What game is that?"
*looks up into this pair of intense looking eyes*
"Um it's called henhouse"
"How do you win it?"
"Well, you have to press the numbers from 1 to 100 as fast as possible"
*starts to feel uncomfortable so I looked back down and resumed playing*
"Faster!"
"Faster!"
"FASTER!"
"FASTER!"
and that angmoh guy just kept on screaming at me. I was thinking what the shit lah, freaking scary okay...what's his problem. I didn't dare to say anything though, it just felt like one of those cases where it's best to do nothing. And I crawled off the MRT 2 stops later, relieved to escape from what I see to be a certified lunatic. Seriously.
Tian Yuan's art exhibition was amazing, but I'll save that for sometime when I've recovered from the trauma of getting yelled at by a complete stranger on the MRT.
Talking about insanity, it'd be pretty darn hard to leave out Mr Ngan, who's now the self-styled dictator/authoritarian-leader/Pharaoh of our class. It's like all the wrong buttons have been pushed, and he's out to make a point with a completely over-the-top manic energy. Everyone laughs because we're waiting in horrid fascination & anticipation of what's piece of craziness is going to emerge next, enthralled by that unique brand of insanity like meek rats pinned beneath a snakes unflinching gaze.
No comments:
Post a Comment