Recalled once again that what concerns us most currently may mean nothing at all to us in the future, perhaps even mere months, weeks, days(?) down the road. Is this maturity, I wonder? Or perhaps it's due to our innate human short-sightedness that can't see anything beyond the tip of our respective noses. And since nobody's Pinocchio (that'd make lies too easy to detect, now wouldn't it?), that's not far at all. Who knows?
But then again, some concerns are eternal. And those, my friend(s), are those which truly matter, not those transient ones which merely seem all-consuming cause we're too foolish to take that single step back and see it in its pathetic entirety.
Heh, a friend shared this with me what seems now to be a long, long time ago (1 year out of my not-quite-18 ain't that insignificant, right?)so it's not an exact quote, but I've got the essence down, I think: We talk now about our "past" as if we were jaded cynics, aged beyond our years, but the ironic thing is that a few years down on the road, we'll most likely be looking back on ourselves now and wondering at just how naive we were. Not to mention a few more years beyond that...
I think you get it. It's all a matter of perspective, I guess. Why am I bringing this up? I really have no idea at all (That's a lie). Perhaps it's because; once you find it in yourself to rise above the present to embrace who you were, who you'll be; embrace "yourself" in it's entirety, then maybe you'll be able to rise above yourself, and any past, present, future stress you may be facing/will face/whatever. Then may be we won't have people who 看不开 and sadly,do something which they won't live to regret. Just maybe.
I just want to put this link here, it's an article by a regular Cracked columnist who's more serious than most of the others. I like what it says, he makes sense, he's a much better writer than I'll ever be, and, most importantly, he has the experience (unless he's one of those elaborately created online personas; which I highly doubt), which is more that what a mere not-quite-18 year old such as myself can attest to. Give it a read, cause life will get better.
No comments:
Post a Comment