Time is getting distorted. Probably the late nights and late mornings ( i.e. I tend to simply sleep through them nowadays) colluding to do my body's biological clock in. The perpetual lighting isn't helping either.. Curse my sister who can't sleep without the light on. Heh, so my sleep cycle's totally out of whack, which I'm trying to gradually rectify and recalibrate before the CTs start.
Sometimes, I find resentment bubbling up uncontrollably within myself, and I become overly critical. I find myself resolving to make sure that I don't make those same mistakes; that my kids next time (assuming I have any) don't have to experience the same thing, and are better brought up. At these times, I find it necessary to remind myself, that my emotional baggage is my own, and to be sure not to transfer it, either in large or small amounts, through my actions to them. Cause each person has to find their own baggage to carry and bear, and we do have enough difficulty without the additional weight of our predecessors' ain't that right? XP
Kinda reminds me of what I was doing as I wrote the farewell notes for my juniors. At first, I was planning to laden them with the hope I had for them, in bettering the failings of our batch, in entrusting them with the responsibility of leading the club, etc. But I realized, as I said above, that they'd find their own way; forcing and thrusting such a burden which they already know and accept upon them would simply be unnecessary.
Guidance is important, true, but space to develop those individual traits, unhindered can be even more so.
Reminder to self: DON'T DO TOO MUCH UNNECESSARY STUFF, CHRIS! I'd hate it if people started to dislike me because of that >.<
But then again, a prod now and then may be necessary. Life's grey areas do get irritating after awhile, especially for a socially inept person like myself. Moment of epic fail: I was trying to order some Kaya & Butter Toast at Clementi Mall before going for a Financial Management Talk (which was quite phail btw) and apparently didn't speak up enough. After giving me a confused look, the lady reached for this canned drink or whatever and I had to hastily correct her. Then she was like: "OH! 面包!" And I felt like disappearing right then. So embarrassing...
No comments:
Post a Comment