Saturday, June 11, 2011

Just something quick to get me in the appropriate mood to write farewell notes for my juniors.

I just spent some time typing out the points/ideas Jack, Amos and I came up with for our NEFMQ submission, and I kinda realize the main problem I have with econs essays (or essays in general, I guess): I'm unable to stick to that one line of thought consistently and maintain a single coherent thread of argument throughout. Whenever I write, I find the ideas a little disjointed; the points are there, I just don't have to foggiest idea of how I should string them together, especially when there are so many ideas just positively clamoring to be let loose. I'm constantly faced with a dilemma: To just let loose and end up vomiting over the whole thing and ending up with well...a pool of acidic vomit I guess (I never claimed to be poetic with my metaphors, now did I?) or at the other end of the spectrum, to clamp down too tightly and end up with writer's block. It's only on the rare occasion that I manage to attain that absolutely perfect balance of control and every thing just flows smoothly; from head to paper, and it's just magic. 

Heh, I know this sounds pretty pedo but I'll say it anyway: I absolutely love little kids :D Yes, they can be horribly self-centered at times, or absolutely clingy at others but they're just so cute lol. That boundless energy is just refreshing and is reminiscent of those Primary School days when we could just run around madly, not fearing anything, never feeling tired. Rather that consuming our youth as a novel source of food, I humbly suggest that we immediately get to work on researching means by which we can tap upon that seemingly limitless energy as a renewable energy source. Imagine; one housing unit powered by a single child, with the trifling input of food, water, toys; nothing we don't already provide them with, surely. The houses of the future won't be powered by wind or solar energy, but by the single most prevalent product in EVERY nation worldwide; kids? Low fertility rates? What further incentive would be needed but Baby Power? XP

On a more serious note, the joint-house CIP today was a pretty enjoyable experience. I know it was meant to be for the enjoyment of the kids, but heck, I had a fun time as well! We were told not to get too close to our buddies as we'd only be with them that one time, and to just take good care of them, make sure they have fun. But when you see earnest, innocent faces like theirs' you just can't help it, really :) It was really tiring chasing Shi Jun around, especially since he was so energetic but it was a pretty fulfilling experience to see him having so much fun. And when the Frisbee facilitators were fan-boying over his throwing skills, I couldn't help but feel a little proud myself. All in all, a good experience; I realized I'm not that bad at taking care of people as well! The only sad part was when we had to bid our buddies farewell. They weren't really that sad, cause I don't think they fully realize that we likely won't be seeing each other ever again. But it gave me a really wistful feeling, kinda makes you think about encounters with the more significant people in our lives; and how we may have to part, sometime, for some reason or other.

Made some new friends as well. Haha randomly, P.School kids have the lamest of jokes.
Shi Jun: Why is an octopus very smelly?
Me: Haha, I don't know, why?
Shi Jun: Because it has 8 armpits! HAHAHAHA
Me: =.=

Yup, I've spent enough time here, time to get those notes written.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment