It's done. Elections and our passing over ceremony. Testament to how taxing it was is probably how I simply collapsed upon getting home. The deliberative process was by no means easy; it got a little confrontational at times, none of us willing to back down, staunchly standing by our "choices".
To be honest, mine wasn't totally rational. I may have attributed more credit than is due, investing more faith into certain individuals than is probably wise. However -
and this I state with all conviction - I do believe, if not in their capability then at least that their hearts are in the right place (not to flog a dead horse, but naturally that'd be canted to the left)and that they'll give the club their all. I have little reservation in handing the club over to them. Which is all one can ask for, ain't it?
How things turn out for the next year is now up to them.
Aside, a dream I just had is really telling for me; that while I keep telling myself that I've gotten over it and moved on, my subconscious, at least, doesn't agree. It just can't let go, and I don't know what I should do about it. Perhaps I should try to get it resolved properly? But that doesn't seem like a very smart move atm. Dilemma...
To march forwards, without regrets, without doubt is something I really want to do. Why then, can't I prevent my head from turning back?
No comments:
Post a Comment