I realize that at times, I inadvertently (and please do trust me when I say that this is so) say something unintentionally hurtful and/or insensitive, which well, hurts the people I care about. I do make an effort to watch my words, but if something slips out that really displeases you, please tell me, and I'll be more watchful in the future.
Just some thoughts on the issue of irreplaceable or not. I mean; objectively speaking, of course no one is irreplaceable, we'd be pretty screwed if there was such an individual, wouldn't we? Short of exhuming his corpse and reanimating it; we'd be pretty much helpless upon his death.
| Test Subject #07511 They're still perfecting the technique... |
Haha but whatever, the deed is done, and from his defeat, apparently we've learnt that no politician is indispensable (A fallacious conclusion, in my opinion, which I'll talk more about later) and I wish him all the best in his future endeavors, and hope that his successor will be able to perform his role adequately. We'll still have him until latest 6 Nov though, so that's not too bad.
"Mr Yeo's defeat showed that no politician is indispensable" Kinda sounds like a hasty hypothesis doesn't it? Yes, Mr Yeo has played/plays a significant role in Singapore's politics, but - and I mean no disrespect by saying so - he was by no means the most important. I've previously toyed with the notion of a Singapore after MM Lee kicks the proverbial bucket and to be honest, I can't envision much of a future for us at all. This seems a timely junction to state that I'm thankful that he's doing his best to keep fit, I really admire his strength of will to keep going strong even at his age. Yes, Singapore is showing signs of moving on; no longer are we the country dominated and driven (forwards, admittedly) by the man and his ideas, and his hardline comments during the elections raised more than a few eyebrows. But there is no denying the level of respect that he commands locally, even by the younger generation, as well as on the global level. And this has transferred in some way or another to the regard they have for Singapore. Yup so perhaps I'm not imaginative enough, but I can't even dream of Singapore without him. Let's hope he keeps in good health.
If not, there's always brain transplantation ;) Hey, maybe that's why we're bringing in such young, able-bodied politicians who are arguably not really ready to be ministers yet into parliament. Read: TPL. Barring that, we could use the following setup I guess:
![]() |
| It's Science! |
| Brrrainns |

No comments:
Post a Comment