Weiqi farewell yesterday as well. I'm nowhere near as close to my weiqi ccamates as compared to some shooters so the feeling wasn't that intense. A little empty, to be honest. I think what I've taken away are more the lessons I've learnt as a Weiqi player. I'm an amateur, true, and you won't be seeing me analysing any real games anytime soon, but I believe I've played enough, at least, to have internalized some stuff.
The most important one's to never stop fighting, even if the effort required seems to far outrival the potential gains. Small battles/skirmishes may not seem like much individually, but they just might end up winning you the war. Out of the few games that I've completed, there've already been a couple which were really close; only a difference of one seed even. Once you've seen that things can be so close, the realization sinks in that you can't afford not to fight it out. No obvious opportunity to fight? Screw it, just create one yourself! Skill and strategy are undeniably important, but tenacity weighs in pre-tty heavily as well, especially when you aren't too advantaged in the first two areas. It's helped to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat many times already. And if despite all your efforts, you're still unable to win, then just graciously admit defeat. It's the hard-fought fight that really lets you learn and grow, be it victory or defeat, rather than an easy win.
After saying all that, I don't really feel like giving up, despite my lack of success up despite all my efforts. Or maybe I should say that I couldn't give it up even if I wanted to? Hmmm
Volunteered at Jack's Y-Environment event today. Now I know what it's like to be a door-to-door salesman, but in this case; FOR THE ENVIRONMENT *cue dramatic overtones* The Hougang residents seemed pretty familiar with recycling etiquette already, which made our job much earlier. I can't for the life of me imagine describing recycling to someone to whom the concept is foreign IN CHINESE xD
No comments:
Post a Comment