Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mad World

Dysfunctional little people in a big dysfunctional world.

I am not ignorant of the pain/unhappiness/angst that each of us faces. Some of us may be more vocal about it (like myself), while others may simply choose to not be as open about it. That's why each and every day is a surprise to me. I'm constantly amazed at how society manages to toddle around despite the seemingly chronic depression which afflicts us humans. Now, that's just an observation based on what I've seen on the 'net, so there may be a silent majority of happy, contented, beatific individuals for all I know -or perhaps I'm simply looking at the wrong sites. But (and do feel free to correct me on this), intuitively I don't think that's the case. And so I go on being impressed; At the duality of human nature: The efficiency with which we can segment our emotions, which allows us to wax lyrical about how we're falling into an abyss of darkness or shit, for example, and the next day, step out into the sunshine with a smile on our face, joking with individuals who may well have been blogging about the death of their pet goldfish the very day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment