Saturday, April 16, 2011

4 days left, and as the Nats draw closer, I can't really avoid the question any longer: How much do I really care?

It's something that I really can't say for sure, you know.. On one hand, we've known from the start that our chances are next to nothing; 钱教练 even advices us to go on with the mindset that we've got nothing to lose, that anything we manage to gain will only be a bonus. And I know that be true. However, this treacherous part of me, the hopelessly naive optimist is somehow hoping, expecting even, for a miracle to occur. I don't want this, but I can't really stop myself. Guess I'll have to spend some time working on it, I really really don't want to let it affect my performance on Tuesday.

"If it can be proven, it's not faith."
-Source unknown (at least to me. I'm not good at this quote business afterall)

Its context was with regards to religion, but I really think it applies to other aspects of life as well. How often is it that you find yourself reaching out (metaphorically speaking) through efforts and actions without knowing whether what you're reaching for really does exist, or assuming it does, whether you'll ever obtain it? And if you're unsuccessful, that tendril of effort might well wither away, wasted.

"Have faith!" They say. But sometimes it's not easy at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment