PW results released on Friday, the tension just before, being told that our batch really screwed up, all the horror stories, Mr Koh's words, Amos' silent yet vigorous celebration, Tian Yuan taking so long to look as she couldn't believe her eyes, walking up, heart skipping a beat as Miss Heng made some comment which I don't really remember now, and finally, relief mixed with disbelief as my eyes focused on that 'A' on the paper.
Clarissa, Woon Ki and Valerie got their As as well.
And there are those who didn't. Friends whose results didn't mix expectations. It's hard, nearly impossible to feel happy once you know that fact; knowing as well that there's nothing you can say, or do, to make anything better. Or maybe there is, and I haven't tried hard enough. But really, I don't know.
Got trashed during Weiqi later on. This year's J1s are just way too strong and experienced. Sometimes the only way to see how a sequence will play out is to have played it out before, so you know how things are supposed to go. Feels like fighting a mountain sometimes. No matter how you chip at it, you'll never win.
I need to get me some dynamite.
CDL E-Generation Challenge held yesterday. It's quite cool that it's one of the few (or perhaps the first) events that we had more homogeneous participation from our class in. The thing itself was pretty fun, except for some truly random questions. Some cool spots we went to which I haven't been to before include HortPark (which I really should have known about earlier considering that we were thinking of doing something related to Community Gardening for PW) and Henderson Waves. We didn't win anything, though.
Lunch afterwards, with a lot of what Joo Gian aptly termed "inane chatter" before we finally decided on going to karaoke, which is quickly becoming a staple of our class outings. We seem to be quite unimaginative people at times; though I'd have to agree that it's pretty hard to find something that both the guys and the girls are willing to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment