Thursday, April 7, 2011

Willpower, some guts, and a healthy dose of fear thrown into the mix for good measure can have very potent results. Potent enough that a regular NAPFA re-tester such as yours truly managed to scrape a silver anyway; in no small part due to Mr Seah's efforts, I suspect. I'm kinda proud of the 2.4 performance. Felt like dying somewhere around the 3rd/4th lap but I managed to push myself to not give up, and was even able to summon the energy for a mad dash for the last round; which really, was the only reason I managed to get a D, with merely 2 seconds to spare, no less... And that very tight timing really makes one realize how every single part of the process matters; is crucial, in fact. If I had slowed down just a little bit, even for 10 metres, I'd never have made it.

Haha, but the sprint at the end really affected me, I think. I drank a lot of water after that; and couldn't really stomach anything. Almost puked on the canteen table, but managed to hold it in till I got to the toilet and it ALL came out. I guess I know what it feels like to be a certain laser-firing chimera now - that's the Merlion for you uninitiated folks - ,just gushing water X.X

The following fatigue plagued me for the rest of the day like one of those street salesmen that just sense the weakness in you and keep at you until you eventually, tiredly, give in and buy that random knick-knack which you don't really need at all...but I digress. Couldn't really focus that much on shooting, the feeling wasn't really there, and I messed up quite a bit. Haix.

That's enough narration. There's been cause, and pretty much a lot of capacity for my thoughts to wander around, in and out, up and down. It's a pretty idle process, as my mind basically analyzes and catalogs all sorts of things; filing useful and not-so-useful tidbits in haphazard manner. Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment