Sunday, February 13, 2011

I've overshot my MRT stop because I was sleeping on multiple occasions before, but Friday was the first time I ever undershot. I was so tired after Take 5 + our class outing that I was drifting between consciousness and unconsciousness the moment I got a seat a Jurong East. A moment of panic induced by my father calling me cause he was locked out of the house jolted me awake and sent me stumbling out of the MRT. I only realized I had gotten off at the wrong stop as I took the escalator down and found that the surroundings looked decidedly unfamiliar =.=

Tiring Take 5 was, but it was the most fun I've had in awhile. Jack, Sandra, Roxanne and me participated in the Amazing Race which basically boiled down to running laps up and down between the beaches and Beach Station of Sentosa, along the same stretch of road as we moved from station to station. The stations were quite interesting though. There was this one where we had to answer some NE questions, where I realized all that "knowledge" drilled into me over the past 10 years of Social Studies has disappeared just like that. *poof* I mean, none of us could even say what the 5 stars on Singapore's flag represent -.-''' others had us sing CNY songs backwards (quite a challenge!), do footdrills and other random stuff. This station had soap bubbles sloshed on our shirts, and Roxanne and Sandra had to use pathetically weak water guns to squirt them off. Luckily it was quite windy (assisted by some surreptitious blowing on our parts while the organizers weren't looking) so they had some help with that. Salt water got into my mouth and well...it tasted salty. WOW. We even got to take the LUGE for free. You take this ski lift-like thing where you stand in a yellow box, and just wait for the contraption to move up behind you and plop yourself down on it. The whole thing then carries you up up up over trees and so on, then you take something like a Go-Cart down. We had to look out for words on the way down, so didn't go too fast :/ "Your friends are the chocolate chips in the cookies of life" (Y)
For the last station, we had to carry each other, while the guy below kicked this ball past the goal line. Well, Jack couldn't carry me, obviously, so I ended up carrying him across my shoulders in a fireman's lift while Sandra piggybacked Roxanne and we succeeded.

We went for lunch and karaoke after that. So yeah, there was a choice between either a 2 or 4 hour package, and 4 hours seemed way too long, so we went with the 2 hour one. But time just flew by, and we wanted to continue some more, so ended up paying extra to extend it. After that, we wandered around Toys'R'Us to burn some time around dinner; and spent our time making totally random comments about all the toys we saw, "reliving our childhoods". Dinner was spent at the Soup Spoon after much deliberation, and that was it for the class outing.

I'd like to spend some time indulging in our national sport and complaining about how tiring the week's been, with me going back at 9+ on the first 3 days, sleeping for around 3 hours per night, and going back to school on Sat as well; but I'm not a champion at doing so, it's mostly my fault and I really don't want to come off as a douche, so I'll leave things be.

Mr Tang's been quite critical and I seem to be arrowed quite a bit, though of course I know that nothing's supposed to be taken personally. But honestly, don't you think that it's fair for me to be a little miffed that when I went up to present my essay outline, he not only critiqued my points, but also saw fit to bring up my penmanship, even going to the extent where he mentioned that if he were a Cambridge marker, he "just wouldn't want to give me an A, and if the content originally merited a 35, he'd give a 34 just for the sake of it"? He even got samples of the other guys' handwriting to contrast to LOL. I know it's true though, so I'll work on it...






P.S If you noticed that I used the semi-colon a lot less this time, it can be attributed to our dear GP tutor pointing out my flagrant disregard for sentence structure when applying it, resulting in sentence fragments. Woe is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment