Thursday, February 3, 2011

Breakthrough =D
It wasn't really an epiphany, but rather gaining an insight into the execution of the whole process through repeated grinding. I kinda realized that there's no need to think so much about what's wrong, or even whether I'm doing it correctly. Just. Execute. Done. It sounds quite weird, but that's because I'm trying to capture the feeling in words; and everyone knows I utterly fail at doing that. But anyway, it's quite heartening to see the changes I've been making and disciplining myself to enforce working out and producing results. It makes me feel like if I just continue on properly, I'll actually be able to get somewhere with this.

I've got to start digging up reading material for that Biomed Symposium; when I attended this session held by an alumnus who's now into surgery yesterday, most of it just flew way over my head. It wasn't just my lack of knowledge though; more than that, it was the frantic pace at which he threw out terms and the windy train of thought. He was interesting, though, with many of the traits some member of the public would expect of the "typical" Rafflesian which however aren't really all too common among many of us today.

Not even an hour into CNY and the phone's buzzing with well-wishes; FB is absolutely flooded with them and I've just had my first truly legit reason for staying up late this year. Not bad, not bad at all ~

Reunion dinner with my cousins, aunt and grandparents was pretty much the same as previous years: Stuffing my face at the buffet, forcing myself to shovel down excess food which they took, playing around with my cousins; doing the eyebrow thing for their amusement >< haha it was quite fun.

P.S The okonomiyaki at NorthPoint is really quite good; at least for someone with as pedestrian a palate as mine. The only disappointment was realizing that it was made totally of veggies -.- we should have taken a MUCH closer look at the menu before ordering XD

No comments:

Post a Comment