Saturday, February 5, 2011

CNY visiting at my 外婆's place: 4 parts sleeping, 2 parts eating, 2 parts playing C.Chess with my 外公, 1 part sitting around awkwardly and the last part spent greeting relatives >.<

It's quite strange, or normal I guess that I don't have much to say to those relatives I only see once every year, and whose only comments are: 哇,你张得那么大了! So I end up just sitting on the sofa as the parents and grandparents chatter incessantly among themselves. And, I don't know; it's amazing to me that they know each other to that extent, and have all the details engraved in their heads; while I don't even know my third cousin's great uncle or whatever at all. How to survive in the adult world like this...

My 外公 loves to play Chinese Chess so he keeps challenging us to play with him. I'm usually able to beat him (albeit by a small margin) but today, I made this crucial mistake early on that put me on the defensive for the rest of the game. I fought desperately to hold on - which I actually find to be the most enjoyable part of playing - and he sportingly followed without pressing the large advantage he had in the most boring manner. The game dragged on for over an hour, and I eventually lost...I don't really mind though =)

No comments:

Post a Comment