Just wanted to share this link. Cheesy dialogue in the examples aside, I think that it's really meaningful, not only in romantic relationships but well...platonic(?) ones as well.
I haven't been able to complete a proper post recently; seems like that's only possible when I get an idea, sit down, and most importantly, don't let anything distract me till I'm done. Hehx, maybe I'm making this seem too much like a job. But that's only cause there's been so much I want to put down; random thoughts that have been festering in my head, as well as those that my brain simply churns out while in the shower; and there are alot of those, somehow the shower seems to be most conducive for my thinking...hmmm if only exams could be taken there xP
A friend asked me to do a peer evaluation for him a couple of hours ago. And to me; it was completely different from the evaluations I did up for my vice-capt and capt for that RD business. Why? I guess it's partially because he (or she) is a much closer friend; and when you - or at least I - stop for a moment to think about exactly what you know about those close to you, other than those stupid, albeit hilarious stuff which you did together, that's when the questions start rolling in.
There's always the feeling that you're not going deep enough; perhaps merely skimming the surface of the Mariana Trench. You know that there's got to be more to him (or her) than you see in the interactions you've had with him (no more her's; the pretense of gender equality got tiresome), that people put on different masks and personas around different groups of people (I'm not saying it's an act of deception btw), so really, it's impossible to "know" the whole spectrum of them. The worry that perhaps you're only acquainted with the most superficial aspects of him does persist; despite having some confidence in the relationship you two share.
No, I don't go around questioning the "reality" of what I perceive. It's pretty much an accepted fact; however you want to interpret that. Just something I thought was pretty interesting :)
So in the end, after a sortta agonizing 45 mins, I put together just a little over 300 words of my truest impressions of him; beginning with the awesome line: "XXX is a bit of an enigma to me."
I didn't attempt to fluff it up since I didn't want to dilute the sincerity of it; and well, to be honest, I don't think he needed it. He said that it gave him a "warm and fuzzy feeling" so I guess I can take it that I was more-or-less successful, in that what I wrote matched his perception of himself; either that or (rather more cynically) it matched what he wanted others to perceive him as xP
Just kidding, wouldn't have written it for him if I had felt that way~
We all seek an understanding that few (if any) of us will ever obtain. But sometimes I wonder, is it truly that bad a thing?
No comments:
Post a Comment