Slow days... Looking at the recent deluge of uni-admissions related emails which have absolutely no relevance to me as of now; I can't help but wonder whether it's really okay for me to be so, so slack and relaxed.
A half-formed list of things to do resides, for now, in the foggy outskirts of my mindscape. The fog will clear soon; I know, as the time to face them draws closer. But for now, I'll just give myself a little time to chill :D
Yesternight's dreams were...weird to say the least. If dreams are supposed to be a reflection of what's going on within one's head; then I'm really, really messed up lol. Some cobbled up amalgam of the various BS I've allowed entry into my head and which apparently; have not only taken up permanent residence but have also taken to having wild parties over at their neighbour's.
First was some weird shit where I was at some weird market-carnival kind of thing where they were selling all sorts of random trinkets and so on. We were on a trip of some kind; so I only had an hour or so to look around. Everything was pretty normal; nearing the end of the hour; when a friend dragged me to some rock-painting booth; sat down and started painting; then my rock or figure or wtv became some gooey weird figurine with some details that I'd rather not mention lol. Then I was cutting away some parts that had melted and so on; then our guide came to look for us; it was time to leave. He looked at the idol I'd painted and basically said that I was screwed cause I'd seen some avatar of screwed-upness and would be cursed with horrible luck. Ok, whatever. Got on some open-air car of sorts which then drove off. After awhile; there was some maniacal laughing; and hornets, which I remember vividly to have known to be African Hornets, for some reason, started flying in through the windows and stinging everyone. There were some smaller bees too, I think. So they were stinging, stinging, all over the place and I was trying to cover my head and neck and crunched up on the floor and still they continued stinging.
At that point; I think I woke up a little; in one of those phases of semi-consciousness that occasionally punctuate long periods of sleep and had the vague realization that I was lying on my bed, but couldn't move, and could feel a residual stinging sensation all over my arms and legs. Even imagined that one of my friends had had a similar dream and had messaged me about it, and replied with a "wtf, me too!" Which evidently didn't happen IRL, so wtheck, the previous one could have been a dream within a dream lol. Then I closed my eyes again; and entered the nothingness of dreamless sleep.
After awhile, awareness came back again. (didn't know I was still dreaming; I think it's something like how when you're dreaming; you don't really question the reality around yourself or even wonder whether it's all a dream) The details elude me, seriously; but it was some really spastic nonsense. Was some new guy working at some zoo of sorts I guess; and was responsible for some giant squid-like monstrosity. I was unable to establish dominance over it; and feeding it and so on involved some weird procedures, culminating in me running for my life out of the enclosure to shut the door in its face. Eventually I messed up somehow and had to do battle with some Cthulhu-esque monster, which eventually became Squidward of all things, then I woke up.
Haha, just wanted to type that down for fun; I forgot a lot of what happened; which seems to be the norm for most people after they've had a dream but nvm. Quite spastic, and really a departure from my usual dreams; which tend to be of the more slice-of-life variety.
No comments:
Post a Comment