Swallow the bitterness, and move on. The mayfly dream was beautiful while it lasted; gossamer wings flashing in the sunlight.
Heh, it all happened so fast; triggered off by an impossibly inane sequence of events. I won't go so far to say that it's over; and it's good that over the past day or so; I've thought hard - and not to mention fast - about what I want to do, and more importantly, how I'm going to achieve it. Directionality, so to speak. So I'll let it go with a hint of regret; that things couldn't be taken further, that perhaps I didn't work hard enough in the past to warrant its fruition.
The past is over; the present is now, and the future is looming. Now I guess it's time to summon that energy to face it.
That aside, expectations can be pretty harmful at times. Even though you know those expectations can be totally unfounded, utterly groundless; it's in my nature - or human nature even, perhaps - to harbour hope. And y'know, the more you expect, the more you set yourself up for disappointment.
Yet I've got to admit that it's when you harbour those wildly unjustified expectations, and when someone against the odds comes through on them for you; that you feel a giddy sense of excitement, a wordless gratitude. I don't ask this of everyone, most of the time, I don't ask for anything at all. It's only those special few who get that dubious "privilege", and I earnestly hope they ask the same of me as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment