Waking up after a 5 hour alcohol-induced slumber, I guess I finally realize that I can't help everyone, no matter how much I want to be able to take away all that pain. Some people are blackholes, basically - you can keep on giving, putting in effort, and it won't make a difference. They'll keep sucking and sucking till you're dry. Nothing will change. Not one of my better experiences.
I saw this book in the RJ library about "vampires" while looking for this book by Machiavelli. But rather than being those sparkly shirtless Twilight vampires (I confess; I've never even touched the book or even let myself get close to a theatre screening the movie) it dealt with those vampires who prey on your emotions. And maybe I should take a look at that book sometime, cause it seems like I'm a sucker for them and their tricks (pun intended).
All it comes down to, eventually, is whether you think it's all worth it or not. And you know, as I walked away at 3.30 initially, I thought it really wasn't that bad at all. But after getting a sms from the aforementioned friend "Im nvr going out in grps again" who freaking organized the whole damn thing, and now having to do some catch-up on econs with a buzzing at the back of my head, I'm really questioning the value of what I've done. It isn't the first time, and idk whether it'll be the last.
I really want to be the kind of person who'd drop what they're doing to give a friend a hand, but it's really really irritating when that thought isn't appreciated (note that I'm not even talking about reciprocation; here I don't usually expect that much). It just makes me feel used, before being tossed aside.
No comments:
Post a Comment