Sunday, August 28, 2011

Last day of proper lessons. I guess it didn't really sink in; some rushing off after getting those PW markers' comments back, till only 10 or so of us were left in class. Savoring the atmosphere of one of the last few times we'll just be hanging around in class, talking about stuff that eludes my memory right now. Horribly mundane, really, but something that will be dearly missed. What's up next, I wonder? I can't even begin to guess, the past week has been wholly unpredictable. Quite interesting to see how people react to stress; really.

I applaud the dedication of CNA towards the covering of the Presidential elections. Like okay, I understand that you have that slot of airtime set aside; and that you don't really have much to work with, but when your're repeating "news" - in the loosest sense of the word - culled shamelessly from Twitter, it's just sad..

Picture practically speaks for itself..

Haven't been following the PE so actively, but can't say I've been horribly impressed by what I've seen. The general impression just doesn't have the kind of dignity I'd expect of a Presidential Election. So much contention - understandable, of course - but the result doesn't seem conducive for future work and progress..How can you have a president who actually gets booed at by the people? We look set to find out.

"Don't lose sight of the bigger picture in pursuit of your selfish ambitions." Useful reminder, thanks :)
Sometimes a horse needs to put on blinkers, so it can run fast and far; but humans aren't horses, nor do we have the "luxury" of being steered by someone who presumably has a better idea of where to go, what to do.

We, and only we are masters of our fates, captains of our soul; so we'd better know, where we really want to go. So that, I don't know, we don't wind up at our "Promised Land" only to shed those blinkers; look around blearily in the brightness of the sun, only to find ourselves bereft of everything we care about. Or perhaps find that in the process of blind pursuit; that the acts we've committed, choices we've made, have irrevocably changed us, in not so desirable ways.

Of course, there is a certain tendency to overstate/over-exaggerate the seriousness of this, since it's only rarely that that "worst-case scenario" would come about.

No comments:

Post a Comment