Google detects "unusual traffic from your [my] computer network" apparently, and has seen fit to block my access for much of the day. Way to go, Google (Y) Irrational rage aside, there are some very valid reasons why Google should be feared. As a personal anecdote, my sister used to be a satisfied user of gmail till a few months ago till her account was frozen due to some weird problem regarding her age, and some credit card information as well as personal particulars were demanded to unfreeze it. Pretty messed up, right? Yet ironically, I'll still continue using gmail, continue to use google as my preferred search engine and blogger for this, cause it's just convenient that way..
Just a thought I had over the weekend:
Life's pretty much a zero-sum game, when you get down to it. Everything we strive to obtain, all those achievements we struggle so hard to...well...achieve; most - if not all - of them come at the expense of someone else. I'm not advocating that we work any less harder to let others have the opportunity; that'd be the height of foolishness, imo, but I do think that an understanding/realization of that point is really important. Armed with this understanding, we "consume" with gratitude, with respect for those whom we deprive, and make full use of what we've gained.
Pretty random, so I just decided to keep it to a short snippet.
On a more humorous note; my sister apparently professed to have dreamt about dropping the iPad while she was asleep. Meta-dreams aside, the hilarious part was when my mum walked in and said that she had actually dropped the iPad. Complete coincidence or calculated attempt to deflect blame? We shall never know xD
Had an awesome dinner at my aunt's house today, cooked by my uncle :D They've got things sorted out so well; a seemingly perfect balance between discipline and freedom the bringing up of my cousins that it's no wonder why I occasionally find myself looking towards them as a "model" family of sorts. Unhealthy comparisons ttm.
And finally; I've broken 6, gushed past 7, and hit 8. I'll get to the double-digits soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment