Sunday, August 14, 2011

"You know you're an adult, not just when you're able to put the needs of others above your own, but when you're able to do it without giving a single thought to what they "owe" you in return. You realize that, at some point you weren't even aware of, you became the tap instead of the bucket. And then you look back and hate your younger self for living under the delusion that somehow a world full of buckets could function."


Really striking. And it saddens me to think that it's probably quite true that there will be some - or even many - who'll never really ever "grow up". Link's to the entire article, the quote's the penultimate paragraph.

I whittled away a merry hour or so reading this online novella called "Bartender" by DOB; a pretty cool writer at Cracked. Thought it was pretty hilarious, so I'll be linking it at the side. I'm not bothering with a synopsis cause I doubt I'd be able to do the story justice, so just click over to the first chapter and see if it's to your liking.
Disclaimer: Do not read if you absolutely abhor dick jokes and their ilk.
Edit: Or actually, even if you do, do take a look. Who knows, you may change your mind xP

No comments:

Post a Comment