Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Life, interrupted

I woke up freezing; almost completely immobilized by the shivers that wrecked my body. The residual effect of a particularly intense dream, perhaps, or maybe the logical outcome of spending the night on the cool marble floor, fab turned on full blast, amplifying the chill following an early morning shower (of rain, that is).

It was a strange dream. I usually dream of stuff more grounded in reality, but I guess a few hours of Skyrim followed by Towers of Midnight did wonders for my imagination. It started out pretty innocuously; but I somehow ended up wrestling with this guy who was gradually morphing into a freaking bear as it progressed, claws penetrating my hands. All part of some "game" where depressingly enough, the only way to win was to let others do me in. Got struck cruelly by freezing jets of water; cold exemplified, and I woke up (pretty similar to a kick in Inception, now that I think about it) freezing, outright shivering, even more than in the damn MPH at its worst.

-------------------------------------------------

Whee.

As if it wasn't obvious enough, I spent the whole of yesterday in utter debauchery (I love using hyperbole), playing around with Oblivion, and reading this book I borrowed on the way home after dinner with the rest. It felt quite liberating to finally be done with the written papers (apologies to those taking H3 XD)and to be done with econs. Kinda satisfied with what I managed to crank out; the most I've written for an econs paper; so I'll accept the result I guess.

Still coming to terms with the fact that it's pretty much over (complacency issues aside); quite anti-climatically in fact. I can't help but wonder whether much of the major things in life are like that; intense in the buildup; with the climax coming and passing easily. Well.

------------------------

A pertinent question, methinks:

How does one start to live life again; having put it on hold for so long?

I'm rather optimistic that the coming weeks will hold an answer :)

I hope this mess at home sorts itself out :/

No comments:

Post a Comment