Woke up at 12.45, after staying up to read Smash! and The Swarm (which is a totally worthwhile read; a little more than 800 pages jampacked with pure unadulterated awesome).
After some lazing around, I left for Safra to prepare for the internal shoot. With much time to spare till the shoot at 7.30, I took a large detour, strolling around Yishun Central, and looking at those awesome little fish shops there. And that's when I saw this:
Perhaps its a little unclear; probably cause its from my puny 5 mp handphone. Does this help?
The darn thing has TWO heads. I kid you not, its the real McCoy. It can be found in this fish shop opposite Khoo Teck Puat Hospital; and is on sale for a cool $8,888. Amazing. As a bio student, I really wonder how it functions like that. Do they share control of each body part? Or does each control one side? Or is one just a dummy? It looked pretty alert to me. Really intriguing either way; that little detour was really fruitful I'd say.
Next up was the internal shoot. I shot 550, a personal best. I'll do better next time, of course. Today didn't even feel that good: I couldn't really find out the 感觉 to shoot a 10 for the first 30 or so shots, and in fact; I was a little panicked during my third series; no 10s were coming out, and I eventually shot an 8, resulting in my lowest series of the day: 89. I was really having trouble with my 瞄扣配合. The takeaway I had, was to relax completely, and to not even think about controlling the gun to get it to enter the 瞄区, and to "separate" my sight from my actions in a sense. While I allow my eye to look through the sights at the target, I cannot try to get the sight to align if it by using any force. Just let it sway naturally; and fire at the right moment. Sounds easy; or even confusing to those that don't know what I'm talking about, but honestly, its not. It's funny, really. While I've been trying to do this in training, and coach keeps on nagging at me; it was only through this actual competition condition that I was able to actually feel it for myself. I think in a way, this internal shoot was more productive for me than the past 2 weeks of training. Strange.
Now, it's time to explain the pun. As I was returning my gun to the armory, Jau Tung came out of it, saying: "There's a fire" Now, he was so dead-pan when saying it that as I stepped in to return my gun; although I noticed the smoke and the smell of burning...stuff, I just attributed it to the machinery. I took awhile to realize; that a fire had started. Wow. The wiring had overheated, and sparked into a fire; which burned a hole in the projector screen. It's the first time I've ever seen this kind of thing, and fortunately it was extinguished soon after, leaving this smog hanging about the range. You know; I frequently joke that in case of an emergency, us rifler's would be doomed, as it'd be nigh impossible to escape in our cumbersome suits. Go figure.
So yeah, Fire in the Range. Cause you know, shooters fire at the targets, and well, ^ this fire.
Tonight's full moon is beautiful.

No comments:
Post a Comment