Saturday, May 22, 2010

Art Club exhibition on Wednesday, Chinese Drama's production after that, staying back on Thursday to discuss PW, Dine in the Dark yesterday, MR CIP today, and RI's Open House right after that. Oh my, seems like I've been involved in a fair bit of things lately XD and it's not only the involvement, it's the people that I've gotten to know over these past 4 days, which I feel really glad for. Though the after-effects of these encounters may not turn out to be much, it's pretty cool how the threads of our lives intersect through these interactions, and while they may be transient, I will treasure them. (Sorry for ripping this off XP)

Training on Wednesday was uneventful, with PT being led by a seemingly over-enthusiastic Yi Ling. Well, I still managed to play bball with Gary, Marcus and William for a while after that, so I guess it wasn't THAT bad. After freshening up after that, off I went to Art Club's exhibition on ceramics & drawing; being practically coerced by Clarissa into going. Can't say it wasn't interesting though, getting to see a potter's wheel at work by skilled hands was intriguing to say the least. I also got to catch-up with Jazlyn, Munirah and Hai. To quote Jazlyn: My circle of friends has come full circle. 2 of my ex-schoolmates, an ex-classmate and a current classmate who happened to be ex-classmates, current classmates and cca mates of each other really show that its a small small world. Sadly, I only had 1/2 an hour to spend there since the drama started at 7.30, so I had to rush off much too soon. I also missed the chance to grab a whole lot more chips, so that was a pity too D<

Chinese Drama's production was great, and you could really see the amount of effort they had put into it, it really showed, and it was very professional. Tian Yuan and Yelin, great job! I went for it with the other shooters, and I'm quite touched by them getting dinner for me even though I didn't go with them for dinner. However, I have to admit that I'm not very comfortable around them; and its not that things are awkward because of the elections. I've gotten over it, and they were pretty unaffected, so that's not it. If I have to put it into words, I guess I would say it's about being unable to really connect with them. Mengshi mentioned the same kind of feeling, and while I think my case might not be as severe as her's, I can't really empathize with their thoughts, actions and words. Hopefully it's not the "GEPer" syndrome XD They're all great and friendly people, its just that I find myself having to either unconsciously or consciously limiting myself and watching what I do around them, and I don't like that.

PWPWPW. HAIX. There's so much to do, and so little energy. Won't talk more about it here. Suffice to say I stayed back in school with Clarissa after the discussion to do a little work, which wasn't bad at all :)

Dine in the Dark was a really cool experience. The extended period of time in almost total darkness was a new experience, and eating without seeing the food was novel. A thought nagging at the back of my head is that they could have put whatever they wanted into the food and we wouldn't even know... The food was good, so that wasn't much of a problem. The highlight was sitting opposite Jeremy and 2 of his friends, Weifeng and Kexin. They're super friendly people. I happened to be walking behind Weifeng, Kexin and Shimin as they were going to Marymount, and they just started talking to me like we already knew each other even though Jeremy wasn't there O.O They're very nice and I was really touched, and kinda happy for Jeremy that he has such great friends!

MR Gives Back was nice. Since I didn't really know anyone there, I joined a group of other people who were nice enough to accept me. Hong Teng, De sheng, Kenneth, You Sheng, Vivegan, and one more guy (sorry :P) Yup, that's all that happened. Went to RI's Open House after that with Constance and her friend Yi Meng. The shooting booth seemed a little dis-organized to me, but as she said, maybe I'm just being hard on my juniors, I've got to admit that after a whole day of speaking to parents, they're entitled to mess around a little.

C'est tout. Thoughts of the day/week will have to come later

No comments:

Post a Comment