The timestamp at the bottom can't help but beg the question: Why use the date as the title? 2 answers: Firstly, because I can't think of a better one, and secondly, because I can :P I'd have thought that the URL of this blog would have clued you about the previous, but its ok :)
With that resolved, on to the post!
Training without a suit is getting frustrating, but I like the freedom it leaves me with. If I had a suit, I wouldn't be able to train both in school and at Safra simultaneously, but without it, all I can train are my basic stability and triggering action. Now, I don't mean to willfully ignore what coach's been saying, but I WANT to improve, and I won't be able to work on anything much till I get it. And that's going to take a couple of months at least. Haix.
Thought of the day: Ambivalence, the state of having confused or conflicting feelings, emotions or thoughts towards a person, thing and/or situation. I recently admitting to having a self-critical side, one that looks at whatever I'm doing, and thinking, and criticizes it; and this has led me to become an insecure person. So, am I to live out my existence on this earth like this? Forever criticizing, never being fully at rest and being able to wholeheartedly affirm my decisions and thoughts. Seems like a pretty sad life. But I'm also unwilling to go to the other extreme and stop thinking altogether.
My explanation for this phenomenon? The body (or is it mind?) has a natural negative-feedback mechanism for the emotions we experience, so once the intensity crosses a certain threshold, it works to reverse the emotions by exerting a negative influence on them, bringing them back to equilibrium. See possible holes in this theory? That's what the comments are for XP MOVING ON, I think that the reason for my ambivalence is that this mechanism is flawed in my case. Yeah, it does its job of reversing the emotion, but it doesn't stop at equilibrium, it just goes on and on, until the other threshold is crossed and the process happens again. Go figure
No comments:
Post a Comment