Life's settled into a steady rhythm, set to the ticking of the clock, the passing of days in fives and twos, week after week. I find it surprising how much my mood varies between days. Frustration to calm acceptance, as I am now. It's probably cause I'm still off the back of a pretty decent-ish weekend, and who knows where the tide will bring me tomorrow, but I'm fine, for now.
Saturday was the quiet dinner with friends, followed by pool and a drink at a bar. First time I've ever stepped into one, I was a little apprehensive at first, the music seemed too loud, blasting through the entrance and I balked for a second or so, before following Amos in to a table right beside the 'stage' in the center of everything. It felt really comfortable amidst the general chatter, nice to chill over a (pricey!) drink and take in the general atmosphere. Quite fun to pore over the menu as well, and ponder over the more interestingly named concoctions.
Sunday was subdued, run of the mill but not unenjoyable. I even enjoyed the ride back to camp, over some light talk with my bro and mum, and now, Monday, here we go again.
No comments:
Post a Comment