It's been a great 4 days. Alot of time to chill, relax and unwind, studying aside, and the previous week in camp wasn't bad at all either!
Sometimes it's so easy to get caught up by pent-up emotions, and get so carried away by events, trapped in the moment, that you simply lose a clear perspective of things. Or perhaps it's more accurate to say that guys go through mood swings too ><
I guess I'm a pretty unambitious guy *gasp* and I'm perfectly contented with just spending time with my loved ones, and...well...the extra time I've spent at home has led me to realize once again what I'm missing out on whilst serving NS. I hate the feeling of counting down to an impending book-in, of having to rush the weekly Sunday ritual, of not having the time to make awkward-ish conversation with my Aunt & Uncle when they come over at night. It's a very disrupted pace of life.
So I'll enjoy my book-outs, however transient, and look forward to the occasional long weekends as well; I've already planned out how I'll spend my outstanding leave - pretty much like how a working adult would, now that I think about it - which I'll be taking in the days following Christmas and leading up to the New Year, and there may be a few offs as well, depending on how Ex Hercules 2 goes, so that's that. I'll try to make the most of my time in camp though, especially after getting this pesky BMAT out of the way, maybe become a more proficient L2 operator, work on my fitness (how could my timing drop by so much 囧) read up on some things of interest, work on my Foosball, and perhaps most importantly, working on my HR skills, which have shown some glaring deficiencies of late; so let's see how that goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment