The sweet pitter-patter of raindrops outside the window is such an enjoyable thing in these early in camp mornings. Yesterday was surprisingly uneventful, despite it being Kyan's birthday. Waited at home for her to get back from piano but my mum ended up taking her out instead, and we had a mini-celebration for her much later that night, right before I left for camp.
Sat was a little more interesting though. I met an insurance agent for the first time; somehow I have this intrinsic distrust of people asking me for money, though it'll eventually end up back with me once more. It defies rationality really, I know that I won't have much use for whatever minimal amount I'd put in monthly but I'm still unwilling to give it up xP I'm still thinking on it though :) After that was helping out at IMH once more, quite funny cause the moment I stepped into the volunteer lounge they looked at me and said "Santa Claus", so apparently I've volunteered to dress up as the jolly old dude for their Christmas celebrations in Dec. We'll see how that goes :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's possible to spin things so many ways, so many different perspectives, that it's a matter of attitude and outlook. But I'm gradually realizing that it's not always possible to rationalize things away, sometimes it's simply how you feel in the moment and so on that affect how you perceive life's narrative. I guess the important thing is to attempt not to let my mood control me; I mean going with the flow is good and all, but when things are going southwards, there's got to be a limit somewhere, yeah?
No comments:
Post a Comment