Mission accomplished, yesterday, though I sure did take my time :X Things started off well at first, I woke up at 5.45; not intentionally, of course, merely the result of having an early night and NS conditioning, but immediately went back to bed again, partially dressed for a morning jog =.= well I finally managed to get out of the house at 12, initially simply to go down to the library at Nex, and get some stuff for in-camp use as well, but after awhile I just decided I'd stay out a little longer, and after discovering that the journey really wasn't as long as I had thought, set off for BTNR. Couldn't not live up to hopes afterall haha.
It felt good to get out of the house, and just walk around the place, though I didn't see much wildlife except for spiders and monkeys (no spidermonkeys unfortunately haha). Was quite cool to watch a spider spin its web though; it had the main framework up already, and was basically hopping from strand to strand in a circular manner, laying the strands of silk. It was much faster than I expected! I shan't go into the cliche about finding it a peaceful getaway from life, but I think I made the correct decision in going down :) I actually went to the top this time, panting a little; short of breath thanks to the steep steps..which probably speaks volumes about my physical condition haha. Should probably have taken my time instead of rushing, but the light was running out so I decided to abandon my search for spiderwebs in favour of going up instead. There wasn't much to look at, tbh, but it seems like a good place for a picnic, advice by NParks to not bring food into the reserve notwithstanding. Maybe next time, when I'm not going down alone xP
Had some pretty stupid stuff happen to me yesterday, some of it of my own doing and others completely out of my control, like getting stealth bombed by a ninja bird such that I didn't even realize it till I turned and noticed some crap on my left shoulder. And before that, going to the wrong place at NEX was simply disastrous; stepped in wondering why it looked different, an open concept kind of thing to capitalize on space and functionality maybe? Only to look in horror when I opened the door and saw something which shouldn't have been there, or rather I shouldn't have been there. The gasp emitted when someone saw me was enough to make me apologize profusely and make a quick exit. The signage could really be alot more visible, though I have to admit I wasn't really paying attention.
No comments:
Post a Comment