Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cause you're here to swim along with me

It's been a week of much irritation for me; despite the relative lehpak-ness due to that safety timeout. Where I had mentally prepared myself for fieldcamp at Tekong, I now found myself spending much of the time at the coy line/in bunk. And yet I've found some joy in all this, in the realization that I've been blessed with some pretty special bunkmates. One who reduced me to tears (from choked back laughter) over the course of a presentation; in front of the OC and half the company no less, and others who've willingly descended into this cesspool of shit I've found myself stranded in to offer a helping hand.

Something I've found to be an extreme pain in the ass though, is the whole bunch of procedural nonsense which has effectively left me with my hands tied in my attempt to see a certain project through to completion. I've mastered the bitter laugh over the course of the week, as I realized how ridiculous the situation in which I am mired in is; a situation which has only escalated, as more and more stupid little things get in my way, the epitome of course being my "quest" to lay hands on the company camera; the Holy Grail for my endeavours, within this restricted area. Typically, once I managed to get it, after a couple of episodes too ridiculous to be worth mentioning, and having captured the required pictures, I'm now unable to make use of them, due to that little technicality regarding the insertion of storage devices into our NS laptops. Go figure :S Presentation on the morrow, and I can't do anything at all ><

Helplessness and stress certainly don't go well together, but it's helped alot to have people to b!tch to about it, and who are willing to help despite how dubious and shaky the whole endeavour sounds. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment